New Themes and Customizations options on PPCArchive

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
As of today, I added some themes and docks to the customization page on PPCArchive, so if you are bored with OS X's default look, give one of these bad boys a spin! Fair warning, only one supports Tiger, the rest are Jaguar and Panther, but the dock works on Leopard.
Soon, we are adding some Hardware to the list along with some more utilities.

New Theming Apps:
Magnifique
Shapeshifter (10.2 - 10.4)
CandyBar (10.2 - 10.5)

Here is the new customization page.

Last edited:

vlark

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2014
Some of those themes require Shapeshifter. I don't see a link to that anywhere in the archive.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Some of those themes require Shapeshifter. I don't see a link to that anywhere in the archive.
Ah, I didn't know that. I'll put it on.
Alright, its on the customization page.
Both versions for 10.2 and 10.3, 10.4.

Last edited:

vlark

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2014
Trying to download Shapeshifter from your site, I get a dialog box asking for a user name and password.

harrymatic

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2013
United Kingdom
I thought ShapeShifter was shareware?
It was, but seeing as it hasn't worked with any version of OS X since Tiger; and also as Unsanity apparently went out of business last year (and their website now just gives a time-out error), I doubt highly that anybody would have issues with somebody sharing it with a serial number.

Last edited:

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
It was, but seeing as it hasn't worked with any version of OS X since Tiger; and also as Unsanity apparently went out of business last year (and their website now just gives a time-out error), I doubt highly that anybody would have issues with somebody sharing it with a serial number.
Pretty much. It kinda was a douche move for them. Lots of people bought serial numbers right before Leopard, but they never updated it for Leopard.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Pretty much. It kinda was a douche move for them. Lots of people bought serial numbers right before Leopard, but they never updated it for Leopard.
I'm not defending them, but they hit a wall when it came to Leopard. Apple completely changed how system resource graphics was handled. This was on top of the fact that they'd already been hammered for APE being incompatible when Leopard launched (blue screen hang).

So…they were pretty well gone by the time Leopard was out.

vlark

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2014
What? I don't see a serial number posted for Shapeshifter. For CandyBar, yes, but they intentionally gave away the software once they decided not to develop it.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
What? I don't see a serial number posted for Shapeshifter. For CandyBar, yes, but they intentionally gave away the software once they decided not to develop it.
Hmm. I thought I put a SS serial on there. Don't fret! I'll track mine down and post it soon!

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
The files are uploaded to a protected folder. I'll fix it when I get home tonight :)
Thats what I figured. No problem!

----------

Alright, I found a serial. Can't test it, as my PPC machines are Leopard and it is Tiger and below. Can you please test vlark? Gavin has machines, but he is busy.

vlark

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2014
Thats what I figured. No problem!

----------

Alright, I found a serial. Can't test it, as my PPC machines are Leopard and it is Tiger and below. Can you please test vlark? Gavin has machines, but he is busy.
I'll test it later tonight. I have to wait for my kids to go to bed before I get to play with my Macs!

jbarley

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
My version of "ShapeShifter" requires a user Name, an email address for the password and finally a code, more information then I'd be comfortable putting out in the interwebs.
It will not work with any one of the 3 parts missing or incorrect.

vlark

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2014
I found one that works, but I don't feel comfortable posting it here, as this isn't a Warez site.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I put a working code up. Its not considered Warez if you can't buy it anymore.

vlark

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2014
I found version 2.3.1 of Shapshifter via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. This is the last version to work on Panther. It tends to do a better job with most themes, too.

I've found that v2.5 chokes trying to install a theme--it tries to check for theme updates by querying a server that no longer exists. Version 2.3.1 work on Tiger, too, and doesn't have this problem, at least not on my machine.

I really like the "Milk" theme at http://www.maxrudberg.com/. The silver version looks great on Panther & Tiger.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I found version 2.3.1 of Shapshifter via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. This is the last version to work on Panther. It tends to do a better job with most themes, too.

I've found that v2.5 chokes trying to install a theme--it tries to check for theme updates by querying a server that no longer exists. Version 2.3.1 work on Tiger, too, and doesn't have this problem, at least not on my machine.

I really like the "Milk" theme at http://www.maxrudberg.com/. The silver version looks great on Panther & Tiger.
Thanks! I'll add that note. Also, thanks for the milk theme recommendation.