New theory about a September iPhone release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFiend, May 17, 2011.

1. iFiend macrumors 65816

So I've been thinking a lot about all the rumors pinpointing a September iPhone 4/S/G/5 release. Recently, the new rumors say that both Sprint and T-Mobile will get the newest incarnation of the iPhone. I've never been one to believe that Apple has any reason to stray from there yearly cycle of a late June/early July release, until now.

So what if all the analysts were right about a September release, but not fully? Personally, I think that At&t and VZW will get the new iPhone around the "normal" time, and the September release we've all heard rumblings about is actually the release of the same iPhone, but on Sprint/T-Mo. I think it would only be fair to let the 2 "original" carriers get it first, and then let the new kids on the block get it later (looking at you VZW).

What do you think?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think the only reason why Apple released the Verizon iPhone 4 separately from the ATT version is that that is when the exclusivity contract was up. Since they don't have that anymore, I see no reason why they would release them at separate times.

3. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Did you read my post? :confused:

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yes, and I don't think your idea is correct. It doesn't make sense for Apple to release them separately. Especially if the rumors about the next iPhone on Verizon being a world phone are true, then Apple will likely have only one model for all carriers. There is no reason for them to release it on different carriers separately.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Yes, I am sure he did, and he answered accordingly. I also agree with what he says. There is absolutely no reason why they would release the iPhone for different carriers at different times now that they are no longer tied to AT&T.

6. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

I misread his reply :eek:

I respect that opinion. But what if it will take until September to iron out contract details? Why not start selling the new iPhone as soon as you can?

7. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

8. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmm interesting. Although I am not sure how much weight an article can hold that actually thinks they'll release an iPhone 4S and then an iPhone 5 months later. Very un-apple like :)

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I think that although the first 'September' rumors were speculation, we now have proof in the form of factory-worker information: There isn't any.

There is no way that they can launch in June if they haven't started making them yet and there's no way they're making them without someone having revealed that fact. Apple can hide a lot of specific details, but generic news that big gets out.

They aren't making new iPhones yet. They won't be for sale next month. There's really no point in pretending otherwise as this point.

10. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

I am not positive but I am fairly certain Apple could ramp up the iPhone making machine in the next 2 weeks and have enough product for an early July release. Again, all of it is speculation at this point, I just like to theorize about it :)

11. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Imagine the lines at the mall if there were an iPhone launch on all carriers.