New Thinkpad laptops have i5/i7 processor's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by christian7759, Feb 9, 2010.

1. christian7759 macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new to this website. This actually my second thread! I thought Apple was going to update their laptops with the new processors today but only the imac got updated(I was told it happened back in October from my first post earlier)

Anyways I want to buy a macbook pro but like most people I want to wait until their updated. I like Apple products and I want to continue using them.

A friend of mine likes thinkpads and swears they are the best. I have never owned a thinkpad but I was checking their website today and noticed that their T series have the new processors.

I am in desperate need of a new laptop and I was debating on getting a thinkpad because I got an email from Lenovo with a discount offer to buy one! The new processors are supposed to be really good so I am wondering if I should wait for apple to release the new one's or go ahead and buy a thinkpad!

I dunno, I'm confused when it comes to making such a big purchase and want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I would be using my laptop fro normal tasks like internet, email, office suite, and music and video's like youtube and such..

Could anybody suggest a route to take??

2. MacVibe macrumors regular

You haven't been specific enough. All the tasks you mention can be done equally well on osx or win7, but if you really want osx then that is probably the deciding factor. So, if you want osx then you just need to decide if you really want a computer tomorrow or if you are willing to hold on a month or two to see if Apple puts an i5 in the MBP. Being a rumors site, there are a lot about Apple updating its laptops and the i5 always seems to be right around the corner.

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I agree, Thinkpads are fantastic, and the new line is looking like a solid update. However, if you are already used to the Mac platform, unless you are committed to moving to Windows, I don't see how it would be worthwhile changing your OS so you don't have to wait what will likely be a relatively short period of time for the Apple line to be updated. You should really choose what OS you are committed to using first, and then choose the computer second.

4. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

If you need a laptop fast and can't wait, check out the referb's at the apple store... Some real good deals over there right now

5. jake020793 macrumors newbie

if your only doing routine tasks like you said, why not get a macbook pro that out now? their more than capable of handling those tasks and more demanding ones. im an apple fan so for me its always apple, :)