Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amandakonde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just exchanged my (not retina) 2012 Macbook Pro for the second time this month, but the trackpad, hinge, cd drive, and case seems to be loose and rattle a lot. When click the trackpad, I can hear a rattling noise along with the normal click noise. And the black hinge seems to be loose when I touch it. The optical drive seems to be very loud and vibrate the whole Macbook when I power on. The screen has also kind of a yellow tint, also when I plug my earpods into it, I can slightly hear a weird digital or chirping noise while using them. The same issues also happened to my original 2012 Macbook Pro but not my second one.

My second Macbook Pro was basically perfect, except a buzzing noise came from the screen so I had to return it again. I don't want to go to the Apple store for the fourth time and ask for a return again. Anyone know how to fix these problems?

Last edited:

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Not every rMBP is perfect. I had one with screen coating problem and they replaced it then found small ding on the left corner of keyboard they replaced with no words come out of their mouth cuz it is their fault. So I suppose you have to keep on return to them until Apple hates you. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.