New Thunderbolt Display Next Week?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jaimer26, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Jaimer26 macrumors newbie

Seeing that iMac is rumored to get an update next week - can we expect a Thunderbolt display update as well to USB 3.0 and Magsafe 2?

Debating on purchasing a current version off ebay for $599ish or to wait and pay $999 for the newer. I am not sure I see the tradeoff on $400 for USB 3.0 where I can just plug in directly to my macbook for any USB 3.0 needs (like a hard drive)

2. Jaimer26 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

If it is coming, there should be SKUs available. They released SKUs for the iPads and iMacs and other stuff, so where is the monitor SKU?

I doubt they will release another monitor for a year or so. Then we might see a retina. Since I don't use my monitors for video showcasing, I would love something 20" with high res. This 30" job I have is nice and nonsense; it's just too large for comfort.

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I know your are a newb, but seriously bumping a thread is not permitted and bumping a thread after only 2 hours?!?! seriously?!?! Please read the forum rules....

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

5. Jaimer26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting - I thought I found a report in June that a new SKU was available. Regardless - I have never used one before and tempted to go for hte EBAY route at $599 for the display. I do graphic design/3D modeling & Gaming. Recommend this?

I like the idea that it docks.

6. Fynd macrumors 6502

The long standing rumor is that they've had trouble getting the 27" iMac going, so I think they'd need that sorted out before they worry about stand alone displays.

7. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I would assume they will update with MagSafe 2 and USB 3 ports sometime soon.