New Time Capsule is F-A-S-T.

matrix07

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
It's fast, fast, fast, fast....

Even though I'm having problem setting it up correctly due to my useless ISP, but this thing is a beauty. Another great piece of engineering from Apple. It's so fast even from my 2011 Macbook Air which shouldn't benefit from it. The internet is fast. The Wi-Fi is fast. The LAN is fast. I feel like I just bought my new laptop.
And it's a relief I don't have to plug in an external to backup anymore. :p

Highly recommend for anyone who's considering it. :apple:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
It's fast, fast, fast, fast....

Even though I'm having problem setting it up correctly due to my useless ISP, but this thing is a beauty. Another great piece of engineering from Apple. It's so fast even from my 2011 Macbook Air which shouldn't benefit from it. The internet is fast. The Wi-Fi is fast. The LAN is fast. I feel like I just bought my new laptop.

And it's a relief I don't have to plug in an external to backup anymore. :p

Highly recommend for anyone who's considering it. :apple:

I love AirPort hardware. Is it the fastest on the market? No. Does it get the job done and then some? Absolutely. Glad you like it!

matrix07

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I love AirPort hardware. Is it the fastest on the market? No. Does it get the job done and then some? Absolutely. Glad you like it!
Worth every damn cents. :D:apple:

But I just don't understand. It should has no effect on my internet speed since my MacBook is only Wi-Fi n but I swear it IS faster than before.

Anybody who's looking for an ac router you don't have to look anymore, unless you need some specific advance functions.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Worth every damn cents. :D:apple:

But I just don't understand. It should has no effect on my internet speed since my MacBook is only Wi-Fi n but I swear it IS faster than before.

Anybody who's looking for an ac router you don't have to look anymore, unless you need some specific advance functions.
Essentially how we think about it. Technically the ASUS line is faster, but TC wins in support, ease, simplicity, and design.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I believe ac is still faster, even if only connecting to an n device. Also extends range compared to an b/g/n router.