New Tiny Wings Update Crashes App on iPhone 1

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mprofit, Jul 13, 2012.

1. mprofit macrumors regular

mprofit

Today I updated Tiny Wings to v.2 and synced my iPhone to apply the update. Now, however, whenever I launch the app, the screen goes black for a second (like it's about to start, as usual) but then the app crashes back to the home screen. This happens every time I try to play the game.

I've only tried one "fix," which was to turn off/turn on my phone, but it didn't help. Again, this is on an iPhone 1, running iOS 3.1.3, which is supported by the app.

I know us iPhone 1 users are few and far between these days, but is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

2. Holosynthetic macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

You might want to try and download the iExplorer app for your computer (it can be found by searching google). Use the app to locate your save file within the Tiny Wings bundle on your iPhone and back it up to your computer.

Once backed up, delete Tiny Wings from your iPhone and then reinstall. Once installed, hook your iPhone back up to your computer and use iExplorer to transfer your save file back into the Tiny Wings bundle on your iPhone.

Relaunch the app and see if it works.

3. qubeofwar macrumors regular

I assume this would require him to be jailbroken right?

4. Holosynthetic macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

Not at all. I use iExplorer as a means to backup app data to my computer while developing and testing my own apps.