New To Apple: How 2 Share Music w/2iphones/2computers/2itunes accts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheTexasRedNeck, Nov 28, 2010.

1. TheTexasRedNeck macrumors newbie

I'm relatively new to the whole iphone music player thing so forgive my ignorance.

My wife and I both have iphone 4s. I have a PC and she has a macbook, each with our own iTunes accounts. I ripped all my cds and bought some music through iTunes and sync'd to my iphone. If she has her own iTunes and computer, how do I get the music from my computer onto her iPhone without screwing up her ability to sync her contacts and photos to her computer? I enabled sharing and can access/play my music from her computer but can't sync to her iPhone.

When I connect her iphone to my computer it gives me a message that I have to dissassociate with her computer and sync with mine.

Thanks for helping a newbie. I love my iPhone, Apple TV, Macbook, and look forward to getting another macbook and apple mini server soon. Just don't want to make any mistakes and screw up our data/music.

2. X2thaP macrumors member

Not 100% sure here, but what I would do/try is:
    Connect her iPhone to her MacBook and in iTunes select to "manually manage" the music and video and such,
    and to not sync automatically. Do the same for yours on your PC.

Now, if I am correct, if you connect her iPhone to your PC (or your iPhone to her MacBook), you should be able to
    just 'drag and drop' music from the music library (or playlists) onto the connected iPhone.

Either way, just make sure to make a backup first before you try anything, but I am pretty sure this should work.
    If not, someone will correct me and/or post a different or better solution.