New to Apple. iOS Mail POP3 Query.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jamesie79, Nov 10, 2014.

1. jamesie79 macrumors newbie

Hi good people,

I recently made the jump from Android to iOS and so glad I did. Just getting used to the quirks and different approach but love it. Speed, stability and it all just works.

I do however have one puzzling element. iOS mail is however, strange.

I setup my POP account (no IMAP available and I do not sync with other devices) but I only have inbox folder. The trash and sent items appear only after the fact but disappear when the app is closed.

Initially only inbox appears but if I delete an email the trash appears and can view it but not when I close and reopen the app, it is then greyed out and cannot select it to view.

[​IMG]

The same is for Sent items, no sent items folders until I send one then it appears but is then greyed out and unable to view if I close and reopen the app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot view the mail I have sent from the device unless I send another but then disappears when I close the app and reopen??? Weird to me or is this an iOS Mail thing? Thanks

2. jamesie79 thread starter macrumors newbie

I suppose if Mac Mail is anything to by I`ll deal with it. Apple's biggest downfall is their mail clients are the worst.