new to apple, just got a used mbp, need help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RUGGLES99, Feb 9, 2015.

1. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

I thought I posted this but don't see it???? In any case, I'm a new Apple user. I just bought a used MBP 2010-2011 2.53 ghz, I5, 4gb, 500 gb hybrid drive, Yosemite. It was an Apple lease unit supposedly refurbished by Apple techs, so all new innards. I paid $750. Too much??? It has a 90 day warranty. I'm using it mainly for word processing. It comes with 2013 I Works. Will Pages be compatible with MS Word. If not is there a good freebie Word Compat program online? I do have Office for the Mac 2004, but it's probably not compatible, correct? Also, anything you suggest to upgrade this thing. Thanks in advance!!!!

2. StockDC2 macrumors regular

Pricing questions should be made in the correct subforum labeled "Buying Tips and Advice".

Anyway, since you've already posted here, I'll give you my 2 cents. You overpaid by about $250.

3. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

I think I saw this very post in the Mac Pro section this morning. There were a couple responses, one of which seemed helpful.

4. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would have liked to have found one exactly like this for $500, as you claim, but they just dont exist. $500 and no warranty from craigslist or ebatygets you dreck. Mine is still in transit and i have 30 days to return for full credit, or 90 days warranty to fix or replace. And under paypal credit i have 12 months to pay off, no interest. Buying privately, its cash outta pocket. So we'll see if it cuts the proverbial mustard, bottom line, after much comparison shopping on CL and ebay, i thought $750 was fair,

Anyway, since you've already posted here, I'll give you my 2 cents. You overpaid by about $250.[/QUOTE]

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I agree with Stock. You overpaid. I would get a refund and keep my eye on the Apple refurbished store every day.

As to Pages compatibility, it does crossover to Word. However, the formatting (a lot of the time) is not correct.