New to Apple: Should I start with a Refurb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BeerNap, Jan 12, 2011.

1. BeerNap macrumors newbie

So I have a few iPods and iPhones. That's kind of like 1st and 2nd base, right?

Buying Guide says hold off, but I know I won't be buying current/next generation. I'm curious what impact the new MBP will have on pricing of existing models. The same old question, should I wait? But I wouldn't really be waiting for the next model, I'd be waiting because I'm a cheap ass.

It will be an drastic improvement over my Hyper-Threaded P4 PC. Anything I should stay away from?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

8600GT, their faulty.

3. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

They're...

yeah wait OP, anytime tech moves forward the older tech becomes cheaper. In your case last generation is "old tech", so wait for it. Newest tech will become old tech in a blink.

Unless you need to brag in your sig, than i would just lie, no one will know :)

4. Miker2k macrumors regular

To answer part of your question.... I've never had an issue with a refurb.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

If you can hold off a couple of months ... the 2010 models will go on sale at the time of the refresh ... and maybe an even sweeter deal on a 2010 refurb :cool:

6. BeerNap thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all. Big difference between need and want. I'll hold off a couple of months and look to pick up a 2010 machine.