New To Apple

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JAMESOSCOTT, Apr 7, 2007.

1. JAMESOSCOTT macrumors newbie

I'm Not Sure Where To Go And Get This Info, So I'll Try Here And Hope Someone Points Me In The Right Direction.
    I've Used Ms Word For Windows To Print Books And Now I Have An Imac And Using Mac Word 2004 And I Can Not For The Life Of Me Figure Out How To Take A Document And Print It In Book Form, I Can Not Even Take A Book I Created In Ms Word And Print It In Book Form on the imac.
    Any Help As What To Do Or Where To Go?
    Jim

2. Gee macrumors 65816

What do you mean by book form? What does this look like, versus regular printing?

3. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

For a start, there isn't a need to capitilise every single word you type.

4. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

I THINK THE BB SOFTWARE DOES THAT IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS.

Oh, I guess not, must be some other bb I'm thinking of. Anyway I don't know why people type like that. It takes twice as long.

If what the OP is trying to describe is printing so that you have facing pages that can be bound, Go to File > Print > Two Sided Printing and check the box and choose where your binding will go.

5. JAMESOSCOTT thread starter macrumors newbie

Book Fold

I can create a document on an 8.5 width by 11.0 height us stander paper in Mac Word and then have it print out in landscape with two pages on front and back, that would equal four pages per sheet, so as to be able to fold it in half, to give it book form. In Microsoft Word for windows this is easily done, but as you can see I’m having problems doing it in Mac Word. Now once folded you have a book 8.5 high and 5.5 wide.
    jim

6. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

File-Print

a window will appear with printer settings, there will be three drop down menus

Printer

Presets

and one without a label that should default at copies & pages

click the last one and go to layout.

Change Pages per Sheet to two. This is also where you can change the preferences for two sided printing.

this should solve your problem.

7. JAMESOSCOTT thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried what you said, but no matter what combination I use or type of paper I choose the Microsofte Word X for Mac will not let me put a check mark in two side printing.
    Thanks for your reply and input:)
    JIM

8. Gee macrumors 65816

Do you get the option for 'long edge binding' and 'short edge binding' in 2-sided printing?

Just a thought - did you get any Mac drivers for your printer that you could try installing? Maybe its the printer that doesn't support 2-sided printing, which is why Word won't let you check it.

9. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

That means your printer does not have two sided printing or needs drivers to be installed onto your mac.