New to AT&T and iPhone...Just a question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derek1984, Jun 9, 2009.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I've been with Verizon for over 4 years now. I've had very good service with them but my contract is up. After buying a new Macbook Pro last month, I am hooked on Apple products. So I have decided to leave Verizon and go to AT&T. I know their service is questionable and I really don't want to leave Verizon, but I want an iPhone and they are the only carrier that I can get it with. So here is my question: Since I am new to AT&T, can I preorder the iPhone at the Apple Online Store and just bring it into an AT&T store to sign up for a plan and activate it? Thanks

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

You would sign up for the desired plan online, and activate once it arrive in the mail.

3. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Yeah, since they're allowing you to order the phone online I think it's safe to say that they will allow you to activate it online via iTunes which will include you signing up for a plan and even porting your number which will end your service with verizon(thats how it should be atleast).

4. derek1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I need to sign up for a plan when I buy the phone from the Apple Online Store? I just can't buy the phone? My girlfriend is going to be on my plan and I figured she can get her phone in the store and I could order online and then we could go together to AT&T and sign up for a plan and activate.