New to filming - Howto question regarding tracking

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by supercooled, Dec 16, 2010.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQaBuw2wN2U

I'm curious to know how this was put together. Did they use still photography or was it a video camera on a tripod? It looks like a series of shots that were stitched together and using a transitioning technique and the last shot where there's almost a 3d element seems to have a blurring effect to convey a sense of depth.

Is that about the gist of it?

And a little sidenote, Pogo is an amazing artist if you haven't heard of him, I would recommend checking out some of his mashups under 'fagottron' on Youtube.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

To me it just looks like shallow depth of field + slow motion + camera on tracks/slider.

Lethal

3. handsome pete macrumors 68000

I second what Lethal wrote. Looks like your standard tabletop product shots using a slider or dolly.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Looks like shot with DSLR with HD video recording capabilities, on mini-tracks.

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

with the DSLRs being quite small compared to a conventional video camera ive seen cameramen/women soot some quite good hand held track shots.

6. handsome pete macrumors 68000

They rarely get them that smooth though. The DSLRs are prone to micro jitters because of their small size. This definitely looks to have been on some kind of controlled track.