New To Forum- Need Help With Screen Replacement.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by evansss, Dec 3, 2008.

1. evansss macrumors newbie

Hello to all. Im new to this forum and have a question regarding the replacement of a broken macbook 13.3 inch screen. I have been told there are a lot of cheap knock off's on craigslist and ebay. I would like to avoid these when either purchasing the screen myself or having the IT guy do it. What should I look for? Also if anybody has any links for a good place to get them I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance!

2. chipchen macrumors 6502

I buy my replacement screens off ebay. They're all pretty much the same thing and brand new and mostly made by the same companies... (aren't that many computer LCD manufacturer's in the world) BUT, if you really want to, you can purchase one off ifixit.com for a lot more, or find broken MacBook with screen intact. The repair is pretty intensive, and can take a LONG time... especially for people who don't frequently take apart apple laptops.

Might be worth this: TechRestore's screen repair.

http://www.techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17384&cat=273&page=1

3. evansss thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd like to spend as little as possible without sacrificing that much screen quality. I was quoting a price of 230 with the part AND installation and they guaranteed it wouldn't be a crappy knockoff. Should i just go for that?

Im def not doing this install myself.