Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itschrissy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
I am new tot he mac world! Bought my first iMac 21.5" desktop last night and so far I am very pleased. My husband has a small business (owner operator). So we own our own truck and trailer and he works for himself. I used to use Quickbooks and now need to replace it. I do not want to buy quickbooks for mac...its expensive and has a lot of features I never used anyway. I need a program that will allow me to track expenses and income, but I need to be able to categorize it by category or name and also do reports like profit loss etc. Any ideas. I should say I liked that quickbooks let me track whether it was a cash, credit or baking entry.
Thanks in advance for your advice. I have been reading on here a bit and looked at the app store and I have no idea where to begin with what may be best for my particular situation.:confused:

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I'm also new to a Mac and I'm considering have bootcamp for Microsoft Money but I heard good things about iBank and guess it can do all of what you require.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Money Dance or iBank (which is available through the Mac AppStore) - I'd recommend iBank because from my experience it has been the best so far out of the half a dozen I've tried over the last couple of years. One benefit with iBank over others - it is a Mac application from day one, in other words as a Mac user you're their first priority rather than being an after though as with the case of many vendors who target applications for multiple platforms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.