New To iMacs and What Do I Have?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by DeMarco61, Aug 25, 2012.

  1. DeMarco61 macrumors newbie

    Aug 25, 2012
    I snatched up two G3s, two G4 Power Macs, and a 17" monitor from a university recently. For right now I just need to know what the heck you call this big ole monitor that looks like the G3 but all it is, is a monitor with the DVI cord. I'd like to know the correct name of it so I can search a video on how to disassemble it. I just want to clean it inside and out and wax it up. It has those nice hex screws all around but it doesn't want to just come apart easily and I don't want to break it. Anyone?:confused:
  2. Barnz63 macrumors newbie


    Jul 4, 2010
    I just looked in Mactracker and they are named Apple Studio Display. The Apple Cinema Displays are the flat panel ones.
  3. Intell macrumors P6


    Jan 24, 2010
    Some CRTs are called Studio Displays and some acrylic flat panels are called Studio Display, Cinema Display, and Cinema Display HD.

Share This Page