Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nic0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
France
Hi everyone,

After 15 years with Android, the crappy under screen fingerprint sensor of my pixel 7a make me switch to an iPhone 15. Really like it, it's compact, light and pleasant to use and FaceID is so good after the crappy sensor.

But after so many year on Android, i'm still a little lost and have some questions :

- is it possible to reset the cellular data use each month at the same date, like on Android, to follow my consumption within my data envelop ?

- I'm not fan of the iOS gallery app. Do you have another app to recommand, even a paid one ?

- I am desperately in search of a good Calendar widget. On Android, I used google agenda widget. I have a full view of the month and all the events. On iOS, the Apple widget just show today and tomorrow event, and the google on just today event ... (see screenshots). The Android version was very handy and I miss it very much. Do you have something similar or a good widget to recommand ?

Thanks for your help ! 🙂

Attachments

• Capture d’écran . 2024-05-22 à 22.51.38.jpeg.png
    Capture d’écran . 2024-05-22 à 22.51.38.jpeg.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20240522-224745.png
    Screenshot_20240522-224745.png
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 32

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
- Shortcuts is your friend! (Link)

- Google Photos can be used just as well as the Photos app; You just cannot access it from the camera app. No need to migrate all your old pictures. Onedrive and Dropbox can be used but their editing options are rubbish.

- This might be what you're looking for -> Link

Reactions: BBDDVV

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
You can create a Shortcuts automation to reset cellular data:
  1. Open Shortcuts app and go to Automations
  2. Tap "+" and create a new Personal Automation
  3. Choose "Time of Day" as the trigger, set time to 00:01, repeat monthly on the 1st, select "Run immediately"
  4. Tap "Next", then "New Blank Automation", then "Add Action"
  5. Search for and add action "Reset the cellular data statistics"
  6. Tap "Done"

Nic0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
France
You can create a Shortcuts automation to reset cellular data:
  1. Open Shortcuts app and go to Automations
  2. Tap "+" and create a new Personal Automation
  3. Choose "Time of Day" as the trigger, set time to 00:01, repeat monthly on the 1st, select "Run immediately"
  4. Tap "Next", then "New Blank Automation", then "Add Action"
  5. Search for and add action "Reset the cellular data statistics"
  6. Tap "Done"

- Shortcuts is your friend! (Link)

- Google Photos can be used just as well as the Photos app; You just cannot access it from the camera app. No need to migrate all your old pictures. Onedrive and Dropbox can be used but their editing options are rubbish.

- This might be what you're looking for -> Link

Thanks both for the sortcuts tip !

The calendar app is what I was looking for :)

I have Google photos for the backup in the cloud but ''m not fan either of the app. I will keep looking :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.