New to iPad and have a question

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carlili4190, Mar 13, 2011.

1. carlili4190 macrumors regular

How do I find AirPlay or AirPrint on my iPad? I haven't seen the option to print anything... Anyone know why?

2. sanford macrumors 65816

Both AirPlay and AirPrint must detect compatible devices on the network. There's a handful of HP printers that are directly compatible without running third-party software on a Mac or PC to share other printers. AirPlay compatible devices right now are pretty much the new model Apple TV. No compatible device on your wifi network, the options won't show up. AirPlay for example, if an Apple TV is detected, will show up as a little icon by the volume control in the iPod app on your iPad.

In my experience, although better in 4.3, AirPlay detecting my Apple TV can be a little wonky. Sometimes I have to wake up the Apple TV first, or wait a bit after starting the iPad iPod app.

3. carlili4190 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh so the printer should show up where my other wireless networks show up? I then should be able to "tap" and print? Thanks so much dor the help!

4. sanford macrumors 65816

no, the print button should show in the app if you have a compatible direct-print printer on your network. Some apps don't support printing, however, even if you have the right printer on your network. Even apps you would expect would support printing still haven't been updated to support printing. Pages took a while, but it supports printing now.

5. carlili4190 thread starter macrumors regular

I do have an hp printer but I can't seem ti find out how ti connect ti the iPad. It is wireless but I am not seeing it under my netwiorks. I can't figure out how to use home sharing... How does that work? I input my apple I'd and password but I don't know what to do after that.

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I purchased a new HP D110 printer and have been trying for a week to print from the iPad without success. HP states that this printer requires no setup to print from the iPad, which is not true.

7. Aussieiphone macrumors regular

No new AirPrint printer?

easy- AirPrint Activator, check their website, no jb req.

Works on my iPad 2 thru a networked Mac mini with a USB connected hp4250(old)