Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
A friend just gave me his old iPad 32gb. It is great, new to the iPad world. I have a question about the email. When I go to my accounts on the left is a list of my accounts and the full screen shows the last email I read, is there a way just to have the list of the accounts until I chose an email to read?

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Not that I know of. I always view my iPad e-mail in landscape mode. That makes it a bit easier to choose the e-mails I want to view.

Yes, sounds good, but what I don't want is the last email is always open, so if I have an email with prices and quotes that I don't want seen, it is open if I go to email with someone around.

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Yes, sounds good, but what I don't want is the last email is always open, so if I have an email with prices and quotes that I don't want seen, it is open if I go to email with someone around.

People have complained about this before, so far there's no way to change this behavior. :(

Just make sure to switch to another email before existing out of the email app. If necessary, mail yourself a blank email for this purpose.

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Before you leave email you can navigate to a different folder, like junk or trash, which is empty. Which is a bother, but you can do it.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
People have complained about this before, so far there's no way to change this behavior. :(

Just make sure to switch to another email before existing out of the email app. If necessary, mail yourself a blank email for this purpose.

Thanks to all that answered, seems like Apple takes care of the "hard" things and forgets the easy things. I used to live in a country and they had a saying, "why do it simple when you can do it complicated?"

Have a good day,
HiddenPuppy

turbotoes

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
France
Thanks to all that answered, seems like Apple takes care of the "hard" things and forgets the easy things. I used to live in a country and they had a saying, "why do it simple when you can do it complicated?"

Have a good day,
HiddenPuppy

Sounds like France (where I live, I love too but sometimes!!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.