New to iPad -- email question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HiddenPuppy, Mar 26, 2012.

1. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

A friend just gave me his old iPad 32gb. It is great, new to the iPad world. I have a question about the email. When I go to my accounts on the left is a list of my accounts and the full screen shows the last email I read, is there a way just to have the list of the accounts until I chose an email to read?

Thanks,
    HiddenPuppy

2. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

Not that I know of. I always view my iPad e-mail in landscape mode. That makes it a bit easier to choose the e-mails I want to view.

3. HiddenPuppy thread starter macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Yes, sounds good, but what I don't want is the last email is always open, so if I have an email with prices and quotes that I don't want seen, it is open if I go to email with someone around.

Thanks,
    HiddenPuppy

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

People have complained about this before, so far there's no way to change this behavior. :(

Just make sure to switch to another email before existing out of the email app. If necessary, mail yourself a blank email for this purpose.

5. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

Before you leave email you can navigate to a different folder, like junk or trash, which is empty. Which is a bother, but you can do it.

6. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

It's one of the many, simple features that apple is too stubborn to do anything about.

7. HiddenPuppy thread starter macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Thanks to all that answered, seems like Apple takes care of the "hard" things and forgets the easy things. I used to live in a country and they had a saying, "why do it simple when you can do it complicated?"

Have a good day,
    HiddenPuppy

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

9. turbotoes macrumors regular

Sounds like France (where I live, I love too but sometimes!!)

10. HiddenPuppy thread starter macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I lived there for 26 years and am now back in the USA. Just got back from a 10 day visit.

Have a good day,
    HiddenPuppy