Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
I just bought a new 2018 11" iPad pro 2018, this is my first iPad since forever, I have never used one before, so i'm pretty lost about it. I know that while both iPhones and iPads use IOS, iPads have some quirks specific designed to it. I searched about tips for using it, but most sites gives basic things like "use the pencil to draw on screen!!!", "touch the screen unlock button to... unlock the screen!" nothing much usefull.

So does anyone can give me some insights about usability on ipad (how it difers from iPhones on gestures/interface/apps) and UI/navigation elements exclusive/easier to do on the ipads? and apps that are commonly used in it to take advantage of the formfactor?

Thanks!

partsofspeech

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2018
Get a load of excellent apps. pdf annotation, audio processing, design, ... etc. Depending on what you want to do, many productivity apps are available.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Just like any device or any Apple device, learn something every day. Sit down with it and explore. Download the Apple Support App which will have tips there. Most of the jesters are the same with any Apple product. On your Mac you swipe from the corner right to get the ?? screen (I forgot what its called). On the iPad and iPhone you swipe from the top corner right to get a shortcut screen.

Then look at how you want to use your iPad. If you want to watch movies, design, gaming, etc. Find those Youtubers that will review those apps for what you want to do and see how they navigate. I like that idea of Apple's TV remote can connect with your Cable provider and you can download apps like HBO or Showtime and stream movies. Design you can check out the free apps before downloading the paid ones to see if you will really use it to design. So many options to choose from.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.