Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suedehead

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
hi, i'm new to the ipad/iOS experience, so keep in mind if my questions seem silly.
i use icloud and i was wondering if deleted bookmarks in my ios safari app, also get deleted in icloud? i need all my bookmarks in OS (mavericks) safari , however i don't want to lose bookmarks on OS safari (in case of a clean OS install, or whatever) after i deleted them in iOS safari.
does this make any sense at all?

also, i bought the instagram app and it says 'downloaded' in itunes app store, however it doesn't show up on in the apps list of my ipad (itunes library). any tips?

thank you!

edit:
the instagram app also is in the mobile applications folder (itunes media/itunes folder). it still doesn't show up in the apps list of my ipad (itunes library)

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Go to the App store on your new iPad.

Hit the "Purchased" tab

All your apps will appear there. Those with a cloud symbol on them represent the fact that they are not on your iPad, but stored away in the cloud...just hit the cloud symbol and you can download and install them.

If you are using the cloud for everything, bookmarks are dynamic...create one on your iPad, it appears on your other devices too...same goes for deletion. You can alter these settings if you wis, even turn off the cloud altogether if you so wish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.