Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
hi guys,
new to ipad and ios need some help.

1- When i close smart cover screen goes off, does it mean that apps running also closes?? I use PDF EXPERT to sync my pdf files from Dropbox, but when smart cover closes app also stops why? i have to keep my screen on as long its syncing.

2- I came from android and i used ezPDF to sync pdf files from dropbox. It was pretty fast to sync PDFs as it only used to sync changes in pdf files. But on ios i am using PDF EXPERT it syncs complete files and some files are over 100MB which takes time.

I need help with these. REcommend me an app which syncs pdf changes only and not starts copying complete pdf again and again to dropbox.

Thanks

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
For 1, if you don't want the screen to lock out when the smart cover closes on the iPad, there's a setting you'll have to click off. Go to "General" and toggle off the lock/unlock option. And when the screen is shut off, it doesn't mean that the app is closing. It just means the screen is locked.

As for 2, I'm not so sure, maybe someone else will be of assistance to you.

faan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks alot.
One more question if I use option "open in" for a pdf file from Dropbox, for different apps like ibooks, goodreader and pdf expert it makes copies of file for every app to use.
I want my original file to stay at one place and be able to access from any app.
It it possible?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.