New to iphone 4 from Blackberry

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jsf721, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I am sure I am missing the feature on the iphone where you can make an appointment in the calendar and invite others from the contacts on the phone and if they accept it gets entered on their calendar and you get a response that they accepted (or rejected the meeting/appointment).

I have an iphone 4 and it has the updated software 5.0.1.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

Depends on the calendars you have set up on your iPhone. Standalone calendars don't have a "server" to manage things like that, so the option is unavailable.

But if you set up an MS Exchange calendar, for example, you can add people to an event or meeting by selecting the "Invitees" option during the creation of the event in the calendar app.

3. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually went to the Apple Store and they went to icloud setting and turned calendar on. now I have invitees showing. I have not tested this yet. Can you tell me how to do this through MS exchange? It does sync with my Blackberry already.

4. dotme macrumors 6502a

Settings -> Mail, Contacts... -> Add Exchange account, follow the yellow brick road and tell it you want to sync calendar(s) as well as email.

Careful when syncing contacts - existing iPhone contacts may get stepped on. Good luck!

5. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. All I changed was make the exchange calendar the main calendar. So far so good I think. I will test in the am.