New to iPhone 5/5S........back screen protector needed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by STC, Sep 21, 2013.

1. STC, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

STC macrumors 6502a

I know this is subjective, but do you guys use a back screen protector for your 5/5S?

The Wifey and I are OCD about our phones. Never really played w/ the 5/5S she was so happy when she ordered a 5S this AM to replace her 4S. She wanted me to pick up screen protectors asap. We have always used Power Support, so when shopping around I see they make back screen protectors. My understanding of the 5/5S is the back is not all glass like the 4S, but aluminum and glass.

Do the dry screen protectors work for the back? Is one needed for the back?

2. AT06 macrumors 6502

AT06

Personally I just put a front screen protector on and left the back protective plastic cover on the phone. The new leather apple cases offer good protection with no real added bulk.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I go with ghost armor and do both front and back.

4. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Did u leave the original back plastic and put case on ? How did the apple case fit with the back shield still on ?

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I started with a dbrand.com skin on mine. I tore that off a few months ago and I've been using my phone naked. No skins or screen protector. It has held up fine. You have to be a little cautious, but they are not that fragile. I'm talking I make sure I set it down straight and lift it up fairly straight without sliding it around on a surface. I put it in my pocket and put my wallet next to the back of the phone. To me it still looks fine. there are no major scratches in the glass or aluminum. The sharp corners on the chamfers are going to get some marks. If that bothers you, get a case. Mine has several but they aren't glaring. I don't notice them unless I look for them.