New to iPhone email question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by c42480, Oct 27, 2016.

1. c42480 macrumors newbie

Everyone at work has iPhones and we need to send each other emails and mms. we work in different states so i can't ask them questions about the phone. So i gave in and bought a 7plus sim free. We need to use emails some times like a mms so we have something to use as documentation. My email is through gmail and i have the phone set up to fetch every 15 minuets. If i leave the phone on a desk it will not check emails until i turn it on and check. When i pick it up it will receive messages from hours ago if i don't touch it. If i have my pandora playing it will check every 15 minuets. Is there any was i can get it to check more often and why with 15 minuet fetch does it not check every 15 minuets?
    Thanks

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It should check at those intervals, not sure why it's not doing that. You can alternatively try using another mail app, like Gmail since that's what you have, or some other ones like Outlook or Spark or something else similar.