New to iPhone, how can I live the iLife?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iJoeNYC, Jul 20, 2011.

1. iJoeNYC macrumors newbie

Hello Macintosh.... well, hello everyone!

I have owned a Mac since March of 2010. I love it but then late last year I got a Droid (gasp!) and was really into Google (Google Chrome, Music, Calendar, mail, everything!) Now last week I got an iPhone 4 on Verizon. I absolutely love it!

The only problem I have is that I want to really live the iLife. I want to use:
    Safari, but is it really slower than Chrome?

Google Calendar, synces but will iCloud supply an email account with calendar this fall?

Thanks for any responses. Also, is there anything else to really enhance my iPhone/Mac experience... any native apps that sync great?

P.S. The main reason why I want to use Safari is now because I downloaded Lion and Google Chrome stinks!

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

With every new release, it seems one browser (Safari, Chrome or Firefox) will take the lead in terms of performance, only to be surpassed by another the next time around. In practice, I don't think you're going to notice huge performance differences between Safari and Chrome, but to really answer the question to your satisfaction I'd say just try them both out on the sites that you visit most frequently and see what you think. (They are both free, after all!)

As best I understand the info on the iCloud product page, yes. That's how it's worked with MobileMe (the sort-of predecessor for iCloud).

I don't know if it's relevant to your needs or not, but one application that I use a lot on my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad is OmniFocus, and it has a really solid syncing capability so that you can keep up with your action items on all your devices.

4. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I think you should take a step back. Think about what your requirements are.

Why do you want to "live the iLife"? It sounds likes you have subscription to a number of Google services that do exactly what you want. Why switch? What is the killer feature that you are missing?

5. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

If by "live the life" you mean simply owning iProducts, just go to the Apple store with plastic in hand and go bananas.

If you mean more cloud-based stuff, go to TUAW and look through their section about Dropbox tips, start using cloud services for documents and stuff, and when iCloud comes out hit it big time for music.

And as far as browser speeds go, in terms of casual browsing you won't notice any difference... it's measured in milliseconds, which is barely, barely perceptible, and Safari has much better integration.