New to iPhone (kinda)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryankidd17, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ryankidd17 macrumors regular

So, after 2 months, I have finally, FINALLY received my iPhone 6. And I'm excited. First iPhone since 3G. Had iTouch and Macs, but always skipped iPhones.
    Anyways, I have 2 questions I am hoping to receive some advice on:

1) I am coming from a BlackBerry Z10. I've always had BlackBerry's. So, transferring contacts was simple. Now, I am unsure what's the best way to transfer my contacts. Sim card is not an option. And I do not store my contacts with my e-mail or social accounts. So what works now? Can I drop a contact card file in iCloud or something?

2) BlackBerry devices' screens scratch easily. So I've always gotten a screen protector. I am not sure how well iPhones are. I normally had holsters with my BlackBerry devices, so that eliminated potential for damage. Should I get a screen protector for my iPhone? It is in a case and will spend a lot of time in my pocket.

Thanks for the advice!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

A vCard would work for contacts...easiest way would be to use iTunes to import it from you computer to you iPhone hopefully you know how to get your contacts from the berry to your computer, been a while since i used blackberry but i am sure that its possible

3. ryankidd17 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Yea, I know how to get a vCard. Wasn't sure how to get the vCard into the iPhone. Thanks for the help!

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

actually I am wrong you don't need iTunes just email the vCard to yourself and when you open it on the iPhone you will get a message to confirm importing however many contacts was in the vCard