New to iphone.. Need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ronny89, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ronny89 macrumors newbie

I just switched from blackberry to iPhone. I have trouble with my photos on my iPhone after i transferred them using iTunes. I can't add pictures from the camera roll to the albums i transferred, nor can i delete those albums. Is there a way to do so?

On my blackberry I created folders and whenever i took a photo i used to transfer it to its related folder (kept things organized) i want to know if its possible to do the same on iPhone.

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

In the Photo's app you can go to Albums > Camera Roll > Select > Select the photos > Add To > Select the Album.

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

IF you created folders on your PC and told iTunes to sync the photos from that parent folder then you will need to use your PC and iTunes to continue the management. You can put all of your synced photos in one folder, then make new folders on your device and add photos there from your camera roll. Its been a while since I used the sync method so I hope I'm recalling correctly. These days I use iCloud Photo Library for everything.

4. Ronny89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that, I select the photo > add to. I see the albums but I cant select any of them.

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

They are not currently albums, they are folders synced from your PC with photos inside. You will need to make an album on your device to have an album to put photos in.

6. Ronny89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have around 3000 pictures, that's a lot of pictures to move one by one

7. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Edit, select, tap on the red minus. That will get rid of the album.

Welcome to Apple btw. I'm pretty sure you will really like it once you get a knack of everything.

Btw, which model iPhone did you buy?

8. Ronny89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I transferred the folders through iTunes that's why I can't delete them. It seems that the only way to edit it is through iTunes only.

I got an iPhone 6 :) loving it but the transferring thing is getting on my nerves.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The 'Photos' app is two apps in one.

On the one hand it's where the main camera and all 3-rd party camera apps send their photos. They go in the camera roll and you can create albums and move photos around between them and organize them on your phone.

On the other hand it's a computer-viewer that lets you sync folders from your Mac or PC so you can view small copies of the photos you own back home. It's faithfully showing you what's on your computer so there's no way to change anything on the phone. You have to change them on the computer and re-sync.

Why these 2 very-different apps are crammed into one is anyone's guess, but that's the way it is. You're trying to treat this app as if it were one app (what a concept!) but that's apparently not what Apple intended.

I am not defending this ridiculous scenario, I'm merely trying to explain it for you so that you can at least understand what's going on.

(If you were to ask Apple what to do they'd suggest you buy a Mac and pay for iCloud photos and keep all your photos in the cloud. I am not suggesting that. I don't do that. I'm just telling you what they'd say.)