New to iPhone need some help with app syncing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vader1990, Jul 3, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

Hi,

So I just switched to ATT and have the 3G, I'm really confused about syncing apps. I downloaded myWireless in iTunes and it seemed to sync fine with my iPhone. But then I downloaded the weather channel app, ON my iPhone though APP store, but this wont appear in my iTunes Library or the Mobile Apps folder on my MAC? What gives?

What is the best way to make sure all my apps are on my MAC? Am I doing something wrong? Am I better off downloading apps from my mac first? What should I do?

Please help a newbie! :)

Thanks guys!!

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Right click the phone in iTunes and select "Transfer Purchases" or do a Store > Check for Available Downloads.

If these fail to transfer them, you can always re-download any app for free as long as you are logged into the account that purchased it.

It doesn't automatically transfer the purchases from the phone to the computer. It probably is best to download on the computer first, but just remember to transfer purchases if you don't.

3. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

also, be sure to click the "vader1990's iPhone" (on the left hand side). In the main window there are tabs across the top.

go to Apps tab and check out the various options. iTunes allows for certain things within a section to be synced (or not synced)