New to iPhone please help with Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tig Bitties, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

I just got my iPhone 6 Plus last week, long time Android Nexus nerd, my last iPhone was the 3G over five years ago :)

Anyways, one thing that is really confusing, and difficult on a workday, is the Contact list of phone numbers.

On Android let's say I have client numbers in there under a company name and persons name, the list will look like this;

- ABC Builders - Don
    - ABC Builders - Jack
    - ABC Builders - Ryan

But on the iPhone those numbers show up all over the place, as;

- Don - ABC Builders
    - Jack - ABC Builders
    - Ryan - ABC Builders

On Android the client numbers will be one after the other in a row, because they start off the same, but for some reason on the iPhone they get scattered all over the Contacts list, by first name first, and I have to scroll all over to find the other one.

Is there a way to change this ?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I'm not sure of the exact setting to change, but play around with settings---mail,contacts,calender.

scroll to contacts and there are a few settings for sort order.

3. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Awesome thank you so much. Didn't see that option, but found it now.

Another question, how do I set the keyboard to automatically put a period at the end of a sentence ? On Android it was pressing the space bar twice would separate two words and put a period at the end, and start the new word off with a Capital letter.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

5. duaneu macrumors 6502a

It's the same, double space.

6. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Settings - General - Keyboard.
    You will see autocorrect and other options along with this.

7. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Awesome again, thx. Wouldn't think to look there for the settings. On Android, it Settings - Keyboard. Didn't think to look under General. Mine was unchecked, I just enabled it, and all good now :)

8. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Aah yes. I used Android for years so I understand. Despite using iOS for over a year now, I sometimes find myself "confused" about something basic. The other day I couldnt figure out how to change the music for my alarm! It wasnt in "sounds" but I found it in the alarm settings. Only took me 20 minutes :eek:

9. illusionx macrumors 6502

You can't just have it sort your contacts by company names. But what you can do is use the search function to search the company and it will display all your contacts related to that company.