New to iPhone...Privacy Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NickDaQuick, Oct 19, 2011.

1. NickDaQuick macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I'm switching over from the android camp to an iPhone 4 (not 4s) on Friday. I'm very excited and have already purchased a case in preparation. I was also interested in buying a privacy screen protector to help against peeping eyes in classes and public. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions of ones that work for you or you have heard to work well. My only concern is having one that is so thick that it disrupts the fluidity of the touch screen (like harder to touch/multitouch) or makes the screen too dim. I know i cant have it all, but hey I can come close right? Thank you everybody :)

2. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Its pretty cool, however they are dark so you'll end up brightening up the screen thus using more battery life. The worst part, losing out on that beautiful retina display. nothing comes in as clean as on the iphone 4/4s retina display. Plus privacy screens tend to be thick screen protectors.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Privacy screens mess up the screen pretty bad. They make it darker and more pixelated and kind of gives the screen a 3D effect.

4. zpbmw macrumors newbie

I currently have one on my iPad and had one on my previous iPhone4.

My advice... just get a matte anti-glare screen protector from Power Support and call it a day. The privacy protectors are good for keeping people's eyes off of your personal stuff but like others have stated it ruins the clarity of the retina display.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yeah, privacy screen protectors are junk really. If you're really that OCD about people glancing at your phone while out and about then get one but expect your screen to look like crap. The mirror protectors look cool also however don't expect to ever use your phone in daylight.

6. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

If you're going to get a privacy screen protector, you'd need to invest in a quality one. Some darken the screen too much even when you're looking straight into it, or others make it hard for the touchscreen to respond to touch. Macally's Privacy Screen protector is probably the best one out there.

They cost $26 with free shipping on amazon, here's the link if you want to take a look.

Macally Privacy Screen Protector for iPhone 4

7. FrederickSmith macrumors newbie

Elago Apple iPhone 3G/3GS Premium Privacy filter-Protector Screen than Macally and most iphone users prefers to buy this one because of the technical details such as the following:

1) This privacy filter protects your valuable data from people around you.
    2) It provides 45 degree viewing angle, so it makes difficult to peep your iphone screen from non-straight angle. It protects data from a horizontal view.
    3) You can easily clean the Privacy Filter by wiping the surface with wet tissues.

This is amazon's buyers choice as of this time.

Iphone's dual screen mode of the computer