new to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by doons10, Mar 13, 2009.

1. doons10 macrumors newbie

I have a new iphone and i am new to iphone and im very lost

a- do i need to charge the I-phone before syncing to i-tunes? (other mobiles you charge overnight before using etc..)
    b- can i charge the iphone when it is off? As no charging signal comes up.

as you can see i have haven't gotten very far with the iphone yet....:(

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

You can sync to iTunes right out of the box. The iPhone comes pretty much fully charged. With today's batteries, it is best to keep it fully charged, rather than running it down completely before charging it again. This means in practice you can charge it whenever you wish.

Yes, you can charge while the phone is off, even though you don't see anything on the screen. If you plug it into the charge when it is off, it will come on again and stay that way until the time has passed for it to sleep again. If you want it completely off while charging, hook it up first and then hold the on-off switch (top right) down until the red slider appears. Slide that to the off position.

Even though reading documents is out of fashion, it is worth going through the pdf documents for the phone. Also, you might want to go through the sticky threads at the tops of the iPhone forums here.