Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashghali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2010
BC, Canada
Hi guys;

I just purchased iPhone 3GS/32GB which is already unlocked and jailbroken firmware v. 3.1.2. What can I do to back up the settings, in case something happens and I lose the JB and Unlock featrues. How can I avoid upgrading to the newer 3.1.3 version?

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hi guys;

I just purchased iPhone 3GS/32GB which is already unlocked and jailbroken firmware v. 3.1.2. What can I do to back up the settings, in case something happens and I lose the JB and Unlock featrues. How can I avoid upgrading to the newer 3.1.3 version?

Make sure you have your SHSH blobs backed up on Cydia. If you go to Cydia you will see a message telling you what blabs have been stored. If you get a message that says "make my life easer", follow it and get the most current one stored.

Then, stay away from upgrading if iTunes tells you to. Spend time online learning about jail breaking and you'll be a pro in not time.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi guys;

Well, you can't really since you can no longer save 3.1.2 hashes if you haven't already done so. Without those, if your phone crashes, 3.1.3 might (depending on situation) be your only option.

But as stated, save your 3.1.3 hashes since Apple could release a firmware update anyday to counter the Spirit jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.