New to iPhone4- how to transfer themes to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cookiemonster, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Cookiemonster macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

Hello!
    Im new :eek:and Im a complete illiterate when it comes to coding and being creative with my iPhone- I found some great themes here on the forums and downloaded them to my mac- and im trying to figure the SIMPLEST method to transfer these themes to my phone or these lockscreens. My phone is jailbroken, I have Cydia, I was able to make some changes I downloaded iFile, I downloaded iphone explorer and diskaid and nothing is working, or clearly i dont know what Im doing- I looked into SSH but it looks too hard, PLEASE HELP thank you :) :eek::eek:

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I use iPhone explorer on my MBP, navigate to the /root/ folder.
    Then you will navigate to the /library/, then into the /themes/ directory.
    From there you will drag the folder of your theme which has the theme contents, into the /themes/ directory.
    To activate the theme you will need to open up Winterboard, and then look for your theme's name.
    Once you select your theme, just exit the app and the springboard will restart, and voila, your new theme will be up!

3. Cookiemonster thread starter macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

Hello! okay I did exactly that but under root there is no 'library' folder so I dont know where to go? help?

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

When you press the very top folder (I think it's "..." without quotes) you will not be able to navigate "up" any further, that is the root directory.

5. Cookiemonster thread starter macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

when I went to look there are only two options root and applications, and under root there is no library option.... help ?
    :mad: