new to itouch synching everytime?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lie41, Apr 25, 2009.

1. lie41 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I recently purchased my i touch and not letting it go since then. I just have a few questions about it though.

1. Do I have to synch everything all over again everytime I try to update something? ex. I already have 150 photos in itouch and when I am trying to synch new music, I have to synch 150 photos again right? One time I didn't synch photos thinking that I have them already in my itouch. Then all my photos were gone.

2. This is kinda tied to the first question. My brother and I both purchased i touch and sharing a computer. He and I have totally different purposes of using it. I prefer using the music, video, photo features and he uses aps. As far as I know, you have to synch everything every time you update your itouch. It's very annoying to un-select all the aps my brother downloaded whenever I synch new stuff. I cannot just not synch aps then all my aps will be gone too. Is there anyway to separate my brother's and mine in iTunes?

3. This questions is concerning the photos. I synched photos onto my itouch and some(actually many) of them are 'cracked' meaning there are line going through the pictures and moving the half of the pictures to one side. Some even have weird colors on them. I couldn't find anyone who is having the same problem.. What happen to it or is it just the pictures??? And What is the 'requirement' for photos to be synched onto itouch. I have about 300 photos that I want to put in but only about 150 went in.

4. Beside synching music, video, and photos, is there an ap or any feature that allows me to synch text? such as texts from Notepad or somesort..

I thank you so much for reading this and please.. provide good answers for these question.^^

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

1) If you add new music/videos/etc, only those will be updated when you next sync (it won't remove all your music and videos and re-add them). It resyncs your photos in case you've dragged some new ones into that folder, which is set to sync to the iPod - this is also why if you delete the photos they'll be deleted from your iPod too.

2) You can set the iPod to "manually manage music and video". Then, you select everything you want on your iPod and drag it to the iPod icon in the left-hand side of iTunes. For applications, your brother can go to the main iPod page (the white one with the picture of the iPod at the top), click on the Applications tab, and select what he wants to sync (you can do the same with yours).

3) There could be a number of reasons; they could be the wrong format (if they're .jpeg, .gif or .png they should definitely work though), or something's gone wrong with the sync.

4) Currently no syncing for notes, unfortunately. However, it's been confirmed by Apple that it will be added in the 3.0 software update, coming June/July.

3. lie41 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for a quick response. Though I still do not understand something.

1. Then, what happened to my music when I did not sync them?? Like I said, at first I thought that stuff I already I synced to my itouch will be there till I remove it. So I didn't sync music but sync new stuff. Later, I checked and all my music was gone.

2. So there is no separate account kind of thing right??

3. I checked my photo folder and most of them are JPEG and some GIF.. Should I not sync too many photos at once??

4. P140897 macrumors member

Once I synced 1500 photos at once