New to Jail-breaking - questions about starting

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blue442, Oct 9, 2010.

1. blue442 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i'm really new to jail breaking.

I saw a great lock screen i wanted to implement a while ago and decided to jail break to give it a go.

now. lol... the first think i **THOUGHT** i should do was patch and upgrade everything to the newest version. Once i did all that, i read the forums and learned my first bit of information.

Upgrading is evil, lol.

so ive been locked with the new bootrom, and 4.1 on my 3GS since the day i decided to do it :p. Now i see that there is a limer1an jailbreak that is available. So, i have some questions about it that i did not see answered in the sticky. Since these are questions that were not specific to limer1an i figured i ought to start a new thread.

So here is the skinny. I have the iphone blizzard authenticator on my phone. I am unsure if i need to remove it before jailbreaking. Will it break this app? In regards to other apps, does jailbreaking remove all apps on your phone (restoring it to what a new phone would be)? I am a little unclear on what will happen to what data is on the phone i guess. I do not need to unlock the phone if that makes a difference.

I appreciate the information, and if i missed something that does answer these questions, feel free to direct me there. Like i said, im a noob ;)

2. AllstarEdison macrumors newbie

AllstarEdison

Limerain was easy to use, it takes you through step by step, just backup your phone first, i am lucky to have my backup on my mac so if anything ever went wrong i could just back it up like i had it before, limerain is only for PC right now i believe. jailbreaking it wont remove anything you currently have on your phone, but once you do, get appbackup, it backs up everything you put on your jailbroken phone in case something does go wrong and you have to restore it you can put all your jailbreak apps and addons back on, hope this helps, -E-