New to Jailbraking - A few questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Theone0581, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Theone0581 macrumors member

Alright so I just got myself an Iphone 3g. I went online followed a few tutorials and without too many problems I successfully jailborke my Iphone with redsn0w. This jailbrake was for the OS 4.1. After I downloaded it, I seen a decrease in performance of the phone. For example, when I boot my Iphone, I get all this weird white text on my screen before it becomes usable at the home screen. I usually have to wait up to about 30 second while staring at the white text. Is this normal? Also Cydia seems to run at a pretty buggy rate, when I type something in the search, it lags about 4 seconds after a letter is entered in. Have you guys got any suggestions? Should I have downloaded a different jailbraking program? or is it simply due to my Iphone internal performance? Thanks

2. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

Jailbreaking slows down your phone and makes it less stable. Its just a fact of life.

3. labman, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

Steve Jobs Likes you! my I4 doesn't crash great battery life and speed! just lots more features! I just don't add everything in Cydia. Cydia can be slow because of the refreshing process cydia is being worked on for improved performance. the white text is part of the exploit being added. if the jailbreaking isn't to your liking restore as new.

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

This. :)

5. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

3G isnt the best phone to JB, it was very slow on mine when I had a 3G. The IP4 is a different story, it doesnt slow anything down at all.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes the 3G is a turtle as it is on 4.0+ firmware.
    Add jb, themes or other stuff and it's really a drag. With a 3GS or i4 its alot better.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you still want to jailbreak your 3G, downgrade to 3.1.3. You'll run pretty fast and still will be able to use most of the apps.

8. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

White text, I assume you activated "verbose boot" when you jailbroke? That shows you whats being loaded before you can see your precious lockscreen.

When I had a 3G I removed my jailbrake every other month, I mainly kept the files on my computer so I could just PKGBACKUP and use MyWi when I needed to.

9. Theone0581 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the advice. 3.1.3 runs much much smoother as does Jailbraking it, and the features I miss out on thought 4.1 can be downloaded simply by touching Cydia in the right spots....:rolleyes: I am a guy, what can I say.