New to jailbreak-Please answer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by silva78644, Aug 2, 2010.

1. silva78644 macrumors member

Ok im deciding whether to jailbreak my phone or not. What advantages will I get out of it? Is it possible for my phone to screwup or battery life or will it get slow. I waited a while for my iphone4 so thats why I ask. Wouldnt want to screw it up. Or should i wait a couple of days for bugs to be ironed out.

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

You can find out a lot by looking at the threads for most wanted apps etc etc. I will say this though, at the very least get your SHSH blobs from TinyUmbrella (use Google) so you can jailbreak if you decided to in the future.

3. RMXO macrumors 6502a

Doing a "search" will net you positive & negative stories on peoples JBing experience and the pro's & cons to doing it. With JBing, YMMV because it's up to decide if it's worth it or not. Just a heads up. ;)

The latest way to do it via Safari (www.jailbreakme.com) is amazing easy & quick if the server isn't being hammered at the time you do it. THANKS, COMEX! Always, do a backup via iTunes before you do it though. Do a search on "FT & MMS" if it disappears after a successful JB. One thing to consider is if you are having issues, it's probably due to so many people trying to do the same thing as you.