New to Jailbreaking - Need Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mynewromantica, Jul 24, 2011.

1. mynewromantica macrumors regular

I am trying my hand at jailbreaking and doing some customizing. I have typophone 4 installed but I am having the 88:88 problem (if you are familiar with typophone 4 you know what I mean). I am told I can tweak the files and make it go away. The issue is how do I access those files. I tried searching the forums and google but didn't get much help, probably because I am not even sure what to search for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. mynewromantica thread starter macrumors regular

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

you could email the Dev as well most often Devs are very helpful. I usually search 1st, contact Dev then ask here. modmyi is another very could forum for detailed instructions. usually they go into allot more detail there.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Option 1: Download iFile on the phone. Navigate to the theme you added to your themes folder, and make a backup copy of the files you want to edit. Open the apropriate files for editing with the built in text editor. Save changes, and preview the HTML with the built in web viewer in iFile. Respring once it looks correct in the web viewer.

Option 2: open same files on your Mac or PC, again using a text editor. (I use Komodo Edit on the Mac, others prefer Text Wrangler.) Both are free. Make your changes and re-add the theme to your phone if needed, reselecting in Winterboard to see the changes.