New to jailbreaking - QUESTION!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dana1393, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Dana1393 macrumors newbie

I have a 8gb iPhone 3g version 2.2 and I want to jailbreak it to customize my home screen, icons, etc. Is this possible? And if I do jailbreak it, is it possible to unjailbreak it & return everything to normal without evidence of jailbreaking it? Any help and answers would be greatly appreciated :D

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Dana1393 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have searched and yes it is possible. But I haven't found any answer to unjailbreaking it and hving no evidence of it??? Please help!

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes.

5. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

It's not known as unjailbreaking, but if you want to rid the evidence then you RESTORE it, back to factory fresh. That is usually enough of a wipe to rid jailbreaking, otherwise you have to do a DFU restore.

6. Dana1393 thread starter macrumors newbie

and how would I do this? Just by restoring it or what? Sorry I'm new and really confused???!

7. MST macrumors 6502

MST

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Oh come on, this topic is discussed multiple times a week and the answer is always the same. You do a firmware reset to 'un-jailbreak'.

9. Dana1393 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. MST macrumors 6502

MST

Pleasure, though MikePA is right in what he says and posts like this are becoming a bit tiresome. I know that everybody has got to start somewhere but surely the best way to learn is to observe, read and research, am I wrong? I've only been using Macs for just over a year and the iPhone for even less, but the reason I know what I know [which admittedly isn't very much!] is because I've learned from others and taught myself, and what I don't know how to do I find a tutorial for.

Google is your friend!