new to jailbreaking world, how do i jailbreak first time

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ankushpatel, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ankushpatel macrumors regular

Hello,
    I have been reading up on the jailbreaking forums many actually, and I want to know clearly
    I have never ever jailbreak my iphone 1st generation. Im running the latest 2.2 software from apple. How do i go about jailbreaking? all these forums they have instructions but then later down i see so many problems which people talk about so many if's , and buts.

so if someone knows clearly the process please let me know.

again- I have a iphone 1st generation, software 2.2 (latest), never been unlocked or jailbroken. Im not looking to unlock just jailbreak!
    thanks,

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

You need to download quickpwn. Search the forums and im sure there is a link somewhere. Select the version for your OS. Either mac or pc. Then plug your phone into itunes and let itunes do its thing. When itunes tells you to disconnect leave it plugged in and hit the little eject arrow next to your phone. Then run your quickpwn and follow the direction. It is easy I promise. They walk you through step by step and whatever you do, DONT interrupt the process. Ill try and find the link for you after church. Good Luck