New to Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3bs, Dec 28, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

So I've never jailbroken before but I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4S (5.0.1 9A406) whenever that is possible. Is there anything I should do now? Any tools to download on my mac? I read pod2g saying we shouldn't update to 5.0.2 whenever it's released so I'll hold off on that. Is there a good thread here or some other website that has good tutorials? I don't want to jailbreak to get apps for free like some people do. I want to be able to customize my phone and get themes and widgets and stuff like that. If I decide I want to restore my iPhone to factory settings after jailbreaking, is there any way for Apple to know I jailbroke? I'm worried about that and also that my iPhone will become slow and laggy but I hear it depends on what you download but since I don't know anything, how do I know what is ok to download and what will make my iPhone slow?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

start with the stickies up at the top of this section. ;)

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

The first sticky is how to restore your iPhone and I know how but will Apple know I jailbroke if I restore and take it into a store to have it replaced or something? And the second sticky doesn't cover iOS 5

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

the info is basically the same basic rules have applied for a long time..

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

dont you LOVE when a new jailbreak comes out?

can you imagine how its gonna be when the 4S hits!?

6. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Apple will not know that your iPhone has been jailbroken if restored to factory settings.

You can check out iclarified.com for tutorials and some more information when the A5 jb is released.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I think I'm going to have the flu that week! ;)