Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjw9488

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Not looking to jailbreak for tweaks but for only a specific app.

I see various different jailbreak options...bregxi, Chimera... what is the difference, which is better/more secure?

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS 12.3 apparently it will work with bregxi but not Chimera. If 12.3 is not compatible I can wait till available.

if I don’t like it can I restore back to the latest iCloud back up?

Will it still be backing up to iCloud after jailbreak?

Any specific features that will or will not work after jailbreak?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010

I see various different jailbreak options...bregxi, Chimera... what is the difference, which is better/more secure?

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS 12.3 apparently it will work with bregxi but not Chimera. If 12.3 is not compatible I can wait till available.

there is no jb for 12.3 only 12.1.2 and lower

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Not a typical thing, except if the app you are jailbreaking for is only available via jailbreaking (such as Signal 2, say).

Can't tell you specifics, but jailbreaks are different (usually) based on the types of exploit used and how it's used.

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with security. Your phone won't be any less or any more secure just because you jailbroke. But if security is a concern - stay stock. Otherwise, don't hand your phone over to strangers, install stuff from disreputable or shady repos and stay away from pirating.

No idea, what bregxi is, but there is no jailbreak (as already stated) for 12.3. If this bregxi thing says it's for 12.3 then it's fake.

Yes. But I would suggest an iTunes restore, not an iCloud restore. Too many problems because people are too lazy to attach their phone to a computer and go through the motions.

Yes. And you will still be able to use all of Apple's services. It's not like jailbreaking waves a big red flag to Apple and Apple cuts you off.

There have been things that broke in the past, depending on jailbreak. They usually get fixed. It's not like you're trading functionality in one place for restrictions in another.

Reactions: tjw9488
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.