New to jailbreaking...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j3w3ly, Aug 5, 2010.

1. j3w3ly macrumors member

I have tons of questions, but I'll just ask the one for now. If I download any paid apps from Cydia, what happens if I have to unjailbreak? Or if I get a new phone in the future? Will I have to pay for all the apps again, or is there a way to back them up? I have AptBackup, but I guess I just don't understand how that would work if I ever have to completely delete all this stuff from my phone.

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Yah cydia you can actually have an account like app store and your purchases will just transfer over as in the license gets onto your account so you can re download the APP if you have to re jailbreak.

Dont use AptBackup.. download PKgBackup.. it backs up all the jailbreak stuff and creates a phonebook entry called PkgBackup.. So when you sync your phone with itunes it simple sync that phonebook entry..

When you re jailbreak just re-sync that entry back over and download pkgbackup and you can restore the cydia apps :)

3. j3w3ly thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply! This is probably a stupid question, but how do I create an account with Cydia?

4. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Click on the facebook or google icon on the home screen in cydia.