New to jailbroken apps, help with text reader.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aspenboy, Aug 17, 2008.

1. aspenboy macrumors member

Hi I'm trying to install the iphonetextreader app, found here so I can read ebooks that I had on my palm:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonetextreader/

I have an unlocked jailbroken iphone (1G) running 2.0, but I have never added an app (except from the App store) so I'm not sure what the steps are. I used DiskAid to add/copy the app to the Applications folder. However, when I click on the icon, it shows the start picture and then quits (goes back to main iphone screen).

I saw the following lines in the page that I linked above, and it looks like it might fix the problem I'm having, but I have no idea how to do this
    ---
    # Remember to set eXecute permissions using ssh or terminal "chmod a+x /Applications/textReader.app/textReader" then "chmod a+x /Applications/textReader.app/unrar"
    # If you have problems with textReader exiting/disappearing, try the following from the command line: "ldid -S /Applications/textReader.app/textReader"

---

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

2. aspenboy thread starter macrumors member

No one has any advice for me about how to do command line stuff on the iPhone? I'm running on a mac, so I would use terminal.app, I think.

Anyone?