New to JB..Questions about 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by February1088, Oct 28, 2010.

1. February1088 macrumors member

Hi, I'm new to all this jb'ing. I have a iphone4 but I barely installed apps to it because I didn't feel like paying $. I just had a few Q's:

1. Does JB lower battery life/slow down the phone?

2.Is there a Greenpois0n out for 4.1 right now? (If there is, where do I follow instructions on how to install it) I heard it got delayed

3. Does JB allow me to use more GB than my monthly plan allows? (For example, I currently use the 2 GB internet plan per month, but maybe JB allows me to use 4 GB without extra charge?)

4. Do I get free apps if I JB my phone?

5. How unstable is jailbreak? I mean, will I see missing icons or the phone just gets F'd up? I heard that the ipod function of your iphone will stop working..is that true? Because that will be a huge negative for me.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

1. The JB itself won't. It is possible to install apps that do shorten battery life.

2. http://www.greenpois0n.com/

3. No.

4. That would be piracy and we don't discuss nor condone that here.

5. It's all dependent on what you install. If you install an app that's conflicting with another app then yes, it's possible for something to "get F'd up". But it's just as easy to uninstall said app to fix it.

I've never heard of the iPod app not working because of a JB.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

learn to use search function and tools it can help you greatly.oh and Sorry you can't afford 99 cents must be tough!