New to K10D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by seahawk09, Nov 7, 2007.

1. seahawk09 macrumors regular

Hey all,

Just a quick note to those who have purchased a new K10D READ THE MANUAL I brought my camera home from the store tonight and all I can say is WOW this is a real change from the old days, you basiclly you have a mini photo store in your hand's and some very good software to go with your camera:) PLEASE do yourself a favor and take the time to read the manual from the first page to the last because if you dont you will be totally lost. I spent sometime with the owner in our local camera shop talking camera talk and the most important thing he told me was alway's bring my camera in for cleaning dont do it yourself I wouldnt want to hurt the senser or scratch the mirrior. And buy the camera with the 18-55mm lens it just makes sense if you have a old SLR with manual lenses. Oh and the most important thing of all ENJOY YOUR PICTURES:D

Richard

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The reason you keep your 18-55 mm lens is for resale purposes. ;) Someone who wants to start off with their first (used) DSLR will want a lens to come with the camera. The Pentax kit lens is supposed to be very good, though. I heard several people say it was better than the Canon (duh!) and Nikon 18-55mm kit lens, although I don't know if that's true or not.