New to Mac and need help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gems4me, Sep 19, 2010.

1. gems4me macrumors newbie

Just recently bought a Mac book. I have gone to several different sites and receive script error messages. Tonight I went to HBO and I can't get it to load. Once I got the script message and then trying several times nothing.

I have downloaded Adobe 10, but it didn't open HBO. Would you please tell me what I need to do to go to these sites.

Thanks

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

1. Be sure to run all updates. You should be on OS X 10.6.4.

2. Install latest version of Adobe Flash Player for Mac OS X. You need Flash Player 10.1, which is a fairly recent release, as I recall.

3. gems4me thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I did

download this version but I still cannot open HBO. Several other sites give me the script error message.

Thank you

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Are all your applications updated, and did you do a reboot? If so, with a new Macbook you seriously shouldn't be having any problems. Just went to HBO myself, no issue.

5. gems4me thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

I am running firefox. I have shut down, done everything and nothing works. I get the script error message all the time. It will say dismiss or continue. I guess there is learning curve with a Mac.

I guess if I want to go to HBO I will get back on the Dell.

Thanks

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Can you post a screenshot of the error message? Go ahead and take one of the entire screen by using Shift+Command+3. It will then save your screenshot on your desktop.