Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flowers80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Hi all,
I just bought a MacBook Pro a month ago and the screen is going crazy. The resolution suddenly gets messed up and the screen turns a weird blue. It only becomes normal again when I move the screen to the front or to the back. What is going on?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
You should take the computer to the Genius Bar, since you are still close to when you bought the computer they may give you a replacement.

flowers80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
I'm so sorry this is such a late reply, but I didn't get an email notification that someone replied to my thread. Thanks for your suggestions, but a stupid question, what is the genius bar?

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
I'm so sorry this is such a late reply, but I didn't get an email notification that someone replied to my thread. Thanks for your suggestions, but a stupid question, what is the genius bar?

They serve delicious drinks at the Genius Bar......

But really, it's the name for the tech department at an Apple store. You need to make a reservation online.

Otherwise, check this site for resetting the PRAM, that would help if it's a purely cosmetic (software) glitch and not broken hardware.

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
It's at the apple store and the people that are the apple experts are called genius'. Just take your computer into the apple store and they should be able to help you out or if it is a serious problem, probably give you a replacement.

flowers80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Oh alright. There's something that I noticed, though, when I turn the mac on, the screen is perfectly normal, and starts going crazy after about 30 minutes. By then, the mac is slightly warm. Could that be the reason why the screen goes crazy?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.